Happy Saturday everyone!! I am so excited to be participating in the Love-a-thon which is taking place February 20-21st.
The Love-a-Thon is an event dedicated to spreading positivity and love. It’s time dedicated to visiting other bloggers/Instagrammers/BookTubers, leaving a comment or two, making new friends and fostering positivity among the members of our amazing community. As in the previous years, the event will include mini challenges, Twitter chats and giveaways galore!
To kick off the Love-A-Thon, here is a fun questionnaire I filled out so that you can get to know a little bit about me!
- What’s your name? Kristianne, but I prefer the nickname Kris. Kristianne is just way too long! (That’s me pictured abovein my favorite X-Men shirt!)
- Where in the world are you blogging from? Texas!
- How did you get into blogging in the first place? For years I maintained a personal blog on deadjournal where I shared a lot of poetry and personal ramblings. I set up a blogger account and then stumbled onto book blogging sites there and for awhile I just followed a slew of librarian and book bloggers. I decided to set one up myself to talk about life, books and becoming a librarian but it fast turned into being mainly a book blog where I review books throughout the year! I love it, it’s so much fun.
- How did you come up with your blog name? I had shared a picture on facebook of some Anne Rice (my favorite author) books. A friend from high school left a comment on it something akin to “I remember in high school you always had your nose in an Anne Rice book”. Thus, MsNoseinaBook was born.
- What genre do you read and review the most on your blog? I will literally read and review anything. I review a lot of indies. As far as genre goes, I review a lot of fantasies but lately I’ve been reviewing a good mix of genres historical fiction, memoir and fantasy. I also love reviewing graphic novels which I’ve been doing a lot more of lately.
- What other types of posts do you do on your blog, apart from reviews? Sometimes I’ll do life updates. I love cosplay so I even put a comic con picture page to show pics of when I cosplayed at comic con. I want to do more tags and more general life posts in the near future.
- Best blogging experience so far? I think just interacting with authors. I have read some really great books from some really wonderful authors, a lot of them independently published. I just love supporting people who have put their heart and soul into their work.
- Favorite thing about the blogging community? How supportive everyone is and how passionate everyone is for reading.
- Name the 5 books you’re most excited for this 2016! There are SO many but to name a few:
– Cure for the Common Universe by Christian McKay Heidicker
– Eleanor by Jason Gurley
– The Steep and Thorny Way by Cat Winters
– Burning by Danielle Rollins
– and last but not least, Kill the Boy Band by Goldy Moldavsky!
- Name the 5 books you want to read this 2016 that you didn’t get to in previous years!
– Ready Player One by Ernest Cline
– You’re Never Weird on the Internet(Almost) by Felicia Day
– Outlander by Diana Gabaldan
– Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell
– A Court of Thorns and Roses by Saraj J. Maas
- What’s an underrated book or series that you think everyone should read? Southern Solstice by Sarah Sadler. It’s a lovely contemporary that is the perfect beach read and I just loved it and more people need to read it
- Which book boy or girl would be your book BFF? I think Hermione and I would great friends.
- Which book boy or girl would be your book boyfriend/girlfriend? It has always been Mr. Darcy and it will always be Mr. Darcy!
- Who would you recruit for your apocalypse squad (5 characters max)?
– Jean Grey as Dark Phoenix from the Uncanny Xmen for sure because let’s be honest we would kick arse with her on the squad. I’m really just thinking that we will need to survive and conquer the world in the event of an apocalypse and I think with this team it could totally happen.
– Gandalf from the Lord of the Rings
– Katniss from the Hunger Games
– Darth Vader from Star Wars (is that allowed?)
– and maybe Daken from Dark X-Men. I feel like I’m cheating going with comic book characters but I would definitely choose them.
- Apart from reading, what are your other hobbies or interests? I LOVE video games, that is my other passion aside from reading. If I am not reading, I am on my Xbox. I also play World of Warcraft. I love to cosplay as well.
- Apart from book shopping, what else do you like shopping for? Vegan Makeup and Vegan Cheese!
- At a party, the DJ suddenly changes the song – and it’s your What song would be playing? Liquor Store from Bruno Mars. I just never get tired of that song and I love Reggae.
- Pick out either a book you want turned into a film/TV show, or a film/TV show you want turned into a book. This is hard because I don’t want my favorite books to be turned into BAD movies. I would love to see The Magic Strings of Frankie Presto by Mitch Albom made into a movie. It was one of my most favorite books of last year. It’s gorgeous!
- What would your dream library look like? I don’t know where this is from but I want it now…please and thank you
- Author you want to meet and sit down to tea with? Anne Rice, of course. She is LIFE.
I hope you enjoyed my answers! Now that you know a little bit about me, let’s be friends!