Top Ten Tuesday is the weekly meme hosted by the wonderful blog The Broke and the Bookish. Each weekly list has a specific theme and each blogger posts their lists and also links back to the hosting blog! This weeks theme is
Top Ten Books featuring Travel in some way ((road trips, airplanes, travelogues, anything where there is traveling in the book!)
Btw, I’m pulling these from books I’ve read recently with travelling in them and then some oldies!
1) The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight – Jennifer E. Smith (Hadley and Oliver meet in an airport and fly to the same place, where they meet again (duh!). Plus I also like that in the cover they are in an busy airport but everything is out of focus except them.) Sigh!
2) The Fault in our Stars – John Greene (Hazel and Augustus go to Amsterdam to meet the author of Hazel’s favorite book! This trip has some very memorable moments, especially when they are having dinner! One of my favorite scenes in the book, especially when the waiter starts talking about the bubbly!)
3) A Game of Thrones – George R. R. Martin (I really could have put any Game of Thrones book I’ve read so far in this list since there is a TON of travelling done in these books, of course it’s either by horseback or walking!)
4) Ghost Planet – Sharon Lynn Fisher (Interplanetary travel, sweet!!! Except travelling doesn’t bode well for our main character but without that we wouldn’t have the story either! I’m always up for some good space travel)
5) Kindred – Octavia E. Butler (time travel!!!)
6) Eat, Pray, Love – Elizabeth Gilbert (Years after I read it, I am still in love with this book! So much travelling done in this book and it’s all so awesome!! If you haven’t read it, you need to!!)
7) Water for Elephants – Sara Gruen (Who hasn’t dreamed of travelling with the circus??)
8) The Lucky One – Nicolas Sparks (Logan travels on foot to find Elizabeth…sigh!)
9) The People of the Book – Geraldine Brooks ( I may be reaching a little bit on this one but this book is all about how one very special, illuminated book travels from place to place and how it got to where it is now and in the condition it is in now! One of my FAVORITE books!)
10) Catching Fire – Suzanne Collins (The Victory Tour…enough said!)
Well, there it is!! Hope you liked my Top Ten Tuesday list this week!!